What You Need To Know About OVERDRAFTS And OVERDRAFT SERVICE CHARGES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account or a line of credit, which may be less costly than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What amount will I be charged if Westerly Community Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- You will receive a service charge of up to $29.50 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is no limit per day on the total amount we can charge you for overdrawing your account
What if I want Westerly Community Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts for which an Overdraft service charge will be assessed on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (401) 596-7000, click here to sign up using Online Banking or complete the secure form below. You can revoke your authorization for Westerly Community Credit Union to pay these overdrafts at any time by phone or through Online Banking.