As of Friday, March 20th, all WCCU Lobbies will be CLOSED
until the Coronavirus (COVID-19) preventative requirements are lifted.
We are still open and here to help you!
Rather than face to face, we encourage you to use the other
ways available to bank outside of our lobbies.
Accessing your Funds
- In Person* - (By appointment only) For example: Safe deposit access or complex financial questions.
- Drive-thru windows - Conduct banking such as check cashing, depositing, withdrawals and more.
- Click here for drive-thru window hours. Our Dunn's Corners branch drive-thru is now available Saturdays, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Night Deposit Box - Located at every branch.
- ATMS and Credit Union Connection ATM Network - Click here for a complete list.
- Contact Center - (401-596-7000) Now available with extended hours. Just call and speak to Contact Center Representative regarding loans, deposits, transfers, general questions, and more.
- Monday — Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – noon
- Mobile App - Download WCCU’s Mobile App for your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™.
- eBanking - Easily conduct your banking at HOME with WCCU’s eBanking.
- Not enrolled yet in WCCU’s eBanking - click here to sign up!
*Please note - For the safety of our employees and members, any type of mask including a medical face mask is not permitted in a WCCU branch. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Financial Help during Coronavirus
At WCCU we are concerned how the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) may be affecting the financial obligations of our members and community. To help alleviate some of this stress, we have developed some programs to help:
Helping Hand Loan: This loan is available to those with a COVID-19 related reduction in work hours, illness or unemployment. Borrow up to $1,500 with no payment due for the 1st 60 days. Click here for details.
CD Early Withdrawal: The ability to close Certificates of Deposit with NO early withdrawal penalties.
- Late-Fee Waiver: We will waive late fees on loan payments if needed.
- Skip-a-Pay: We are offering a Skip-a-Payment program on Consumer and Real Estate loans that allows you to skip your monthly payment for one month.
- Delayed Payment: If an emergency loan, your first loan payment may be delayed for 60 days.
- Personal Loan: Borrow up to $50,000 for up to 60 months. Click here for details and current rates.
- WCCU VISA® Credit Cards: 0% intro APR* on Purchases and Balance Transfers for the first 15 months! *Click here for details.
We want to help! Please contact us for more information on what programs are best for your situation.
Financial Help for Business Members Affected by Coronavirus
We'd also like our Business Members to know that we are here for you as well and want to make you aware that U.S. Small Business Administration is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Rhode Island and the contiguous counties of New London and Windham in Connecticut.
Small businesses, private non-profit organizations of any size, small agricultural cooperatives and small aquaculture enterprises that have been financially impacted as a direct result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) since Jan. 31, 2020, may qualify for Economic Injury Disaster Loans of up to $2 million to help meet financial obligations and operating expenses which could have been met had the disaster not occurred.
These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can't be paid because of the disaster's impact. Disaster loans can provide vital economic assistance to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
SBA Customer Service Representatives will be available to answer questions about SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loan program and explain the application process.
Click here for a summary from the SBA. (PDF)
Applicants may apply online, receive additional Disaster Assistance information and download applications via the SBA website. Applicants may also contact SBA's Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email them for more information. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339. Completed applications should be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
As always, we want to work with you and your individual situations. Feel free to contact us for more information or to review any of these programs.
Changes to upcoming Events
As you may already know, Governor Raimondo and the Dept of Health are asking businesses and the public to postpone, cancel and not attend any gatherings of more than 10 people; anyone over the age of 60 or those with underlying health risks to not attend gatherings of 5 or more people; and restaurants are banned from in location dining.
To comply with the State’s request and help protect our staff and members, we reviewed our upcoming events and made the following decisions:
4/7 Narragansett Chamber Business After Hours:
- This event has been RE-SCHEDULED for the Fall. Stay tuned for details.
4/8 WCCU CU4Reality Financial Literacy Fair at URI:
- This event has been CANCELLED.
- Financial Literacy Packets will be given to participating schools to perform in-class.
- Event will return to URI in 2021.
Be Aware of Coronavirus Fraud
Because we are in unprecedented times, Coronavirus related fraud is escalating. Because of this we ask that you be extra vigilant and not let your guard down. Here are a few tips from the Federal Trade Commission to keep you safe:
- Hang up on robocalls.
Don't press any numbers. Scammers are using illegal robocalls to pitch everything from scam Coronavirus treatments to work-at-home schemes. The recording might say that pressing a number will let you speak to a live operator or remove you from their call list, but it might lead to more robocalls, instead.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations and home test kits.
They are trying to get you to buy products that aren't proven to treat or prevent the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) - online or in stores. At this time, there also are no FDA-authorized home test kits for the Coronavirus. Visit the FDA website to learn more.
- Fact-check information.
Scammers, and sometimes well-meaning people, share information that hasn't been verified. Before you pass on any messages, contact trusted sources.
- Know who you're buying from.
Online sellers may claim to have in-demand products, like cleaning, household, and health and medical supplies when, in fact, they don't.
- Don't respond to texts and emails about checks from the government.
The details are still being worked out. Anyone who tells you they can get you the money now is a scammer.
- Don't click on links from sources you don't know.
They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites.
Don't let anyone rush you into making a donation. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don't do it.
- Also -
eMails from WCCU will always come from westerlyccu.com.
WCCU would NEVER ask you for personal information by email.
For more information or to keep up with the latest in Coronavirus or any other fraud, click on the links below to visit these websites:
We are here to help
As always, our members, communities and staff are our priority. We will continue to keep you updated on the Coronavirus and efforts we are making to keep you and our staff safe.
Stay connected with WCCU:
- Contact us:
- Visit us online for updates and helpful links
- Follow up on social media:
Questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Click here for CDC recommended preventative practices to decrease the spread of the Coronavirus (PDF)
- Click here to visit the CDC.gov website
- RI Dept of health Coronavirus Hotline - 401-222-8022
- South County Health - 401-782-8000
- Westerly Hospital - Yale New Haven Health Hotline - (833) ASK-YNHH (833-275-9644)
- Care New England Health System Hotline - 401-CareNow (401-227-3669)
- Lifespan Health System - 401-222-8022
- RI Commerce Corp. Business Hotline- 401-521-HELP (401-521-4357)